One the biggest problem areas people seem to have to deal with is their thighs. Many people hate the way that they look and are always on the lookout for new ways to get better definition or finer toning when it comes to their thighs. Luckily, there are a number of things that you can do as far as exercising that can help to lead you to just the look that you are going for. Here are five exercises to help you get toned thighs that you can do just about anywhere and without a lot of effort to give you that great look.
- Leg Extensions – You can do leg extensions when you are sitting at home watching television, sitting at your computer, at your desk at work or even when you are in bed. Straighten a leg out in front of you and tighten up your quad muscle as much as you can and then hold it for a count of five. Then lower your leg and repeat this exercise with your other leg, alternating all the time until you do 20 repetitions.
- Thigh Muscle Contractions – This is one of the easiest thigh exercises that you can do anywhere. All you need to do is contract the muscles of your inner thighs and hold it for five seconds and then release. You can then switch to the muscles on the outer part of your thighs and do the same thing. Then move to the backs of your thighs and repeat the process. You can so several sets of these in just a few minutes and repeat the process all through the day.
- Inner Thighs – To really work on your inner thighs, which is most often cited as a problem spot, all you need is to perform inner thigh presses, which can be accomplished easily by placing an object between your knees that you can squeeze, like a rolled up piece of clothing or a towel. Sit up straight and pull your ab muscles in and squeeze the object at full force for ten to twenty seconds and then relax. Repeat this for ten to twenty sets.
- Squats – You can actually do squats while you are sitting that will work on your thighs. Sit with your buttocks near to the front of your chair and plant one foot firmly on the floor while raising the other leg just slightly out in front of you. Keep your hands on your arm rests for balance and slowly raise yourself up off your chair until your buttocks is about 6 inches off the chair, hold it for one second and then lower yourself slowly back to the chair. Repeat this and then switch legs and do it again to really work your thighs.
- Hips and Thighs – You can do a hip flexion to work your hips and thighs together by sitting upright in a chair, having your arms on your arm rest for better balance and bending one knee a bit so that it is bent just more than 90 degrees. Then slowly begin to lift your leg up so that your knee is moving towards your chest. Slowly lower your leg and then repeat the process ten to twenty times and then switch to the other leg.
All of these exercises can be done very easily and you can do them at home or even in the office so that you can get a complete workout for your thighs. Over time and with work, you will begin to see some real definition and great toning so that you can get the toned thighs you really want.